Aberdeenshire mum sharing stories and adventures with my three year old daughter Sophia!

Monday 12 December 2016

Weekend Edit - 11/12/16

Why do weekends fly by? It's been a great weekend but I'm not ready for it to come to an end! Saturday Sophia and I were pretty lazy and lounged around in our pj's nearly all day, Bruce was needing to fix the alarm system on his car, it kept going off constantly during the night/early hours in the morning last week. I'm sure our neighbours loved us, me stumbling out onto the street, half asleep, falling out with the noisy alarm and bright bloody lights flashing on & off. Well in case any of my neighbours read this, I can report that Bruce's car should now be silent! We can all crawl into bed and not have to wonder if the antisocial car is going to rudely waken us all up. Yay!

Whilst Bruce dealt with that we added some finishing touches to our Christmas decorations. Eventually showered and wondered out for a drive down Union Street to see the Christmas lights, Sophia was more fascinated watching the buses and people. This meant I'm driving along going "wooooow" & "ooooo look at that pretty one" for absolutely no reason. Somehow Sophia and myself ended up grabbing a takeaway from our favourite Chinese takeaway place. I just couldn't deal with cooking!

On Sunday we were off out to see Frozen on ice! This was Sophia's first big show, she tends to hate loud noises so we weren't sure how it would go. Thankfully she LOVED it! Sophia's Grandma, Auntie and Uncle also joined us. I actually think I watched Sophia more than I watched what was happening on the ice because watching her little face light up was just priceless. She was dancing along, trying to sing and doing that crazy bounce toddlers do when they are so excited they just don't know how to express it. On the drive home Sophia decided to have a tantrum ALL the way home. So imagine driving round the corner and on to your street to be faced with Santa, bright flashing lights and the song "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus" blaring from a car following Santa and around ten children handing out free sweets. All whilst Sophia is in mid tantrum, you have sat crazily for around two hours singing Frozen songs and now Santa is cornering you. I'm not sure who was more confused... Sophia or myself. Once our brains registered what was actually going it was great fun!








SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig