Aberdeenshire mum sharing stories and adventures with my three year old daughter Sophia!

Wednesday 7 December 2016

Christmas Candles

Recently I have had the urge to make my own candles, after joining some groups on Facebook and looking around online I decided to give it a try. My first candles were mulled wine scented and in small tins, everything came as part of a kit which was fantastic for a first attempt. They were a huge success with my family but personally I didn't love the scent so it was time for my second ever attempt. 

I bought a soya wax, wicks that were listed online as suitable to use with my wax & jars, the jars and I bought two scents which were cinnamon & apple and cranberry, orange & cinnamon. Now I won't do this as a tutorial because I am figuring this candle making hobby out & they aren't perfect. But I had to share with you how they did turn out because I am pretty proud that my second attempt went so well! 

If you fancy making candles then I really suggest looking on Facebook at different groups, I met people who have have candle making businesses and have done this for years through Facebook groups! Online many manufacturers have q&a pages and if you are stuck I've found when you contact their customer services departments they will keep you right when it comes to purchasing the correct materials. 

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig