Aberdeenshire mum sharing stories and adventures with my three year old daughter Sophia!

Friday 9 December 2016

Deck the halls!

I finally convinced Bruce to pop up into the loft and bring down our boxes of Christmas items. Last year it was our first Christmas in our new home and we had ended up with a mash up of bits and pieces from all of our family members. This year however I have been slightly more prepared. What started off as a deep clean of the sitting room turned into a full blown deep clean of the entire house, I got a tad carried away and even ended up sorting through our wardrobes, cupboards and all our little hiding places. Thankfully Bruce was with me to give a helping hand and keep me calm or I think I would still be sat in a pile of Sophia's old toys & clothes now if he hadn't been with me.

This year I got all of our tree decorations from The Range and Homebase, nothing expensive or overly fancy. I didn't want to spend an absolute fortune and end up having a mental breakdown when and if Sophia knocks something off of the tree. Our silver baubles and the fancier ones all came from The Range, even better the large jeweled silver one is an almost foam type material. I've always found that individual baubles can be quite delicate but these are completely Sophia proof! Yay! 


I cannot wait to see Sophia's face in the morning, I also hope Bruce comes to terms with the pink... I did ask him if he had a colour preference and his reply? "The tree is your thing, do what you want!" So I did and tonight he started questioning the pink. Sorry darling but you live with two females and you were out voted! Now all I need to do is convince Bruce that Sophia and I would really love lights up outside too. Wish me luck!

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig